This course is intended as a follow on from our Introduction to StrongSuits Course. In this course you’ll learn how to use the team strengths map to generate high-impact learning for the teams that you support. We take you step by step through:
- How to plot preferred communication styles on the team strengths map.
- How to plot the team’s communication styles when they are under stress.
- Debriefing the team strengths map for maximum impact, including what the nine different zones of the map mean and how to interpret the eight directions of travel under stress.
- Creating a communication agreement that crystalizes the learning they take from exploring the team strengths map.
This will give you everything you need to feel confident using the team strengths map with your clients to build trust, improve communication and create psychological safety.
In addition to learning how to use the team strengths map. we’ve also included four bonus games that you can use to extend your repertoire with teams. These include:
- Variations to the Your StrongSuit game to explore specific situations of importance to the teams you are working with. For example, looking at how the team communicates in a crisis or when it is working to an urgent deadline.
- At your best & Even better if.... - a pair of games that are useful when giving and receiving feedback in a team.
- Your Point of Breakthrough – using the cards to identify a specific development goal
- Your Dream Team - how you can use the cards to identify the strengths you need in a new colleague and in the recruitment and selection process.
We’ll occasionally add more bonus games and you’ll get these as free updates as they are added.
To complete this course you’ll need a pack of the StrongSuits team insights cards which you can buy from our shop at www.strongsuits.com/shop if you don’t already have a pack. You can download the team strengths map as part of this course.
We hope you enjoy this course. If you have any questions or would like to share your experience of the positive impact the team strengths map has made with the teams you support, please join our Slack channel. Instructions on how to join are in the written introduction to this course.
The online introduction to StrongSuits is ideal for any coach, facilitator or trainer who supports the development of teams.
So, if you want to learn how you can make a difference for your clients, enrol now.
Dave Corbet is the creator of StrongSuits. Dave has more than 20 years experience working to build high performing teams at all levels in a wide range of industries. Dave has a degree from Cambridge University and is the author of From Know-how to Do-how - a short and simple guide to change.
Below are some selected comments from his clients about the impact of Dave's work.
"One of the most knowledgeable and most insightful people I have ever met when it comes to developing teams." Daren Turner, Lincoln
"Helped us stop a cycle of thinking that we can’t change things and create a mindset that what we want to achieve is do-able." Juliet Blackburn, Cheshire
"The programme with Dave made a massive impact - getting us to work more collaboratively together and working towards a common goal." George Graham, SYPA
Frequently Asked Questions
What people say about StrongSuits
This is a fantastic and versatile development tool and it is really supporting individual personal development and how teams are working together in West Midlands Police - Karen Brock, West Midlands Police
This is by far the best team development programme I have ever attended. The untold possibilities, the flexibility and the non-threatening richness of the conversation – Sarah Murphy, Glos. County Council
It is really adaptable for a range of situations and is simple to use – Karen Pearson, Pearson Change Management